Character Hot Seating
You have been in Ally’s world for a few weeks now and have learnt more about her and some of the other characters in the book. In a classroom students often have different opinions on why or what motivates a character to do and act a certain way. This activity allows you to form opinions about a character.
1. In pairs choose a character you would like to ask specific questions to.
2. Create a list of 5-10 questions.
3. Have one child at the front of the room sit in a chair.
4. This child assumes the identity of one of the characters from the text.
5. The class then asks the character questions.
6. The child in the seat answers questions in character.